Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 10

The day started off with tracking . Chris and the boys hid and Panga was a rock star at finding them.  Very little distraction.  So proud of her!  It is absolutely amazing to watch her head snaps now and being able to tell when she's got the boys scent and when she doesn't.

After tracking, I took the boys back to the hotel and went to 4 Paws with Panga and we worked on behavior disruption, "back" and "stand" Once we got through that, we broke for lunch and then were to meet at the mall.  I went and picked up Chris and the boys and headed to the mall.  I had Kasen tethered and walked with Jeremy for our obedience part.  He was able to give me some tips to help keep Panga focused on me and not so much on Kasen.  We then waited for our turn to track.  We ran 3 tracks.  One in the store and two in the mall itself.  She did great finding her boys each time.  Her and Kasen then were able to ride the train.

Of course, when it was time to leave, Kasen again struggled.  He wanted me to leave him at the mall.
After dropping them off at the hotel, I ran to pick up supper.   We were under a tornado warning so it was suppose to be a very quick trip. Less then 5 minutes from the hotel.  I ended up locking the keys in my van.  I was able to get help from another family.  They let me hang out in their hotel room, helped me locate a locksmith and drove me back to the van and sat with me until I was safely back inside it.  All of this in pouring down rain, some hail and a tornado warning.  Luckily, once the locksmith arrived, it was unlocked quickly.

Tonight is the last time Levi will be 8 years old.  Tomorrow I have a 9 year old. :)

Kasen pretending to be a dog at the mall



Levi and Panga

Levi and Panga playing



No comments:

Post a Comment