Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Training Day 2

I went to 4 Paws alone today.  While the training class isn't hard, it is a lot of information and there's a lot going on the whole time.  It didn't hit me until I was driving back to the hotel how tired I was.  Today Panga and I worked on "heel", "free" walk, distractions (tennis balls are her weakness!), and corrections.  She is such a sweet girl and it takes very little correction on my part.  She is a superstar!  We were also shown "shake" and how they give "fives".
This picture was right after a correction.  She really wanted that tennis ball distraction!



After I got back to the hotel, Kasen and I went to the Pet Store and got Panga some treats and toys for when she comes back to the hotel tomorrow evening.  Kasen got a bit sidetracked by the guinea pigs.

We were going to take both boys on a walk around the hotel property, but Levi wasn't too worried about leaving the room.  Once Kasen and Chris left the room, Levi and I hung out together and he seemed quite content with this.
I thought tomorrow was a tracking day, but we were told at class that it is not and the boys don't need to be there in the morning.  We'll decide in the morning.  We might have them go to play on the playground for the morning and then I can take them back to the hotel on our lunch break.  Just depends on how the morning goes.  I didn't tell Kasen I went to see Panga this morning.  He would have been really upset that he didn't get to go.  I know Panga coming back to the hotel tomorrow evening will be a new level of adventure.  At first I was a little sad she couldn't come back with us the first or second night, but I really like that I've been able to get the boys use to the room and new routine before adding her into the mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment