Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 7

This morning we went to track at the mall.  The mall wasn't open yet because it was Sunday so we tracked outside the mall.  I tethered Kasen to Panga and he wasn't thrilled with it, but he tolerated it.  Panga did awesome keeping him anchored.  A car drove by at one point and Kasen pulled against Panga.  Had he done that untethered, he would have been in the car's path.  He's starting to run off from me more and more so tethering came at the perfect time for us.  Kasen also has a mini leash that he can help "walk" Panga to keep him close.  He loses interest quickly, though, so tethering will be used also.







Kasen was struggling with behaviors tonight.  He finally calmed with Panga laying beside him and they watched TV together.

During the tracking, Levi stayed in his chair and Chris took him and Kasen to hide.  I handled Panga's leash and Jeremy talked me through it.  The first time, Panga did well but was distracted by the new smells a bit.  The 2nd track, I could tell she knew where she was going.  She found her boys quickly.  I was even more amazed because I hadn't heard where Jeremy had sent them, so I was honestly following Panga's lead on this one. 

We then went to 4 Paws and the boys got to play on the playground while I trained with Panga.  Then we broke for lunch and Panga and I took the boys to the hotel then went back to 4 Paws.  Once there, we worked on tethering again and practiced "nuzzle" and "touch" which are both behavior disruption techniques.  Panga does both well.

No comments:

Post a Comment