Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 9

Panga waiting on Levi to wake up
This morning started with tracking.  When it was our turn, Chris took the boys for a walk.  Then it was Panga's time to find her boys.  She did okay, but got distracted a lot.  Jeremy says we need to have a bigger party at the end of the track. Something that makes all the distractions uninteresting because all she wants is to get to her party at the end of the track...which is where her boys are.  I practiced in the hotel room with her and Kasen.  Kasen is not the best assistant as he would come out of hiding before she could find him.  It was cute and it kept Kasen entertained for quite a while.

After tracking, I took the boys back to the hotel and I went to 4 Paws for training.  We worked on "under" and "place".  We also worked on "roll over" and "side".  We could have her play dead, but doing the whole gun motion and telling her to play dead would have ended up with Kasen doing it obsessively to anyone and everyone and that's not something we want.  So, insead, we have him tell her to "go night night" and she lays down.  We also worked on off leash commands and Panga did not do well.  Her and I need to work on our teamwork because as soon as the leash came off, her listening ears turned off too.  I know it will be easier once we get home and I can work with her without my little assistant.

After class, I took Panga in the play yard and threw the ball for her a few times.  She loved it and it helped use up some of her energy.  We can't play ball at the hotel since she stays on a leash outside the room and I wouldn't dare let Kasen play ball with her in the room. lol

When I got back to the hotel, Kasen was hyped up and Levi was upset.  Took awhile, but Levi finally calmed down and Kasen was hyper until he finally fell asleep.  4 more days until we head home and hopefully back to our regular routines.

I also practiced seizure alert this evening and had Chris take a video.  I did it while Kasen was "hiding" from Panga because, otherwise, Kasen would have started doing it just to make her bark and that's not something I want to get started. This is an extremely condensed, fast version since once she barked the first time, Kasen said "what's that?", we had to hurry and wrap it up.  lol  I can do this standing, on my knees and sitting and she barks each time.  I haven't tried laying down yet, but am sure I will in the next few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment